Thursday, June 9, 2016

What I learned about Fed policy this week

Rather than indulge in instant analysis, I wanted to give myself a few days to reflect on Janet Yellen's speech on Monday (see full transcript). In doing so, I learned a number of things about Fed policy that I didn't know before:
  • How much does the Fed want to raise before it considers rates to be "normalized"
  • What it means to allow the economy to run a little "hot" because of slack in the labor markets
  • What the hurdles are to next raise rates
  • From Ben Bernanke: The debate over how to implement the Phillips Curve in monetary policy
The full post can be found at our new site here.












Website notice
If you found the above post to be of interest, come over to the new site and check out our track record. We have something for traders and investors alike:

No comments: